Academic Senate is the peak advisory body to the Vice Chancellor on academic matters and the highest forum for academic discussion and debate within Bond University. Academic Senate is constituted by Council, in accordance with the Constitution of Bond University Limited.
Terms of Reference
Academic Senate is an advisory body to the Vice Chancellor on the following matters:
1. The formulation and development of academic policies of Bond University and the oversight and coordination of the academic acitivites of the various Faculties;
2. Regulatory provisions for admission and exclusion of students, for degrees, diplomas and all courses of study, lectures, laboratories, seminars, studios, tutorials, examinations and other forms of assessment;
3. The content and standard of courses of instruction and their assessment, and the requirements fro admission to degrees and the award of diplomas;
4. The conditions for scholarships, bursaries, cadetships and prizes accepted by the University; and
5. Matters referred by Faculties of the university, either individually or severally.
The composition of the Academic Senate is as follows:
- Vice Chancellor
- Deputy Vice Chancellor
- Deans of each Faculty/Institute
- Director, Office of Learning & Teaching
- Pro Vice Chancellors
- Deputy or Associate Dean from each Faculty
- Two representatives of the Bond University Student Association
- Deputy Chair
- One Academic Staff Member from each Faculty / Institute - Elected by the academic staff of each Faculty / Institute who hold a continuing position or a contract appointment for at least two years, or if there is no eligible nomination, appointed by the Dean.
Chair of Academic Senate: Professor Keitha Dunstan
Phone: (07) 5595 4088
Term of Office: 1 November 2012 to 31 October 2014
Secretary: Manager, Academic Secretariat (Mr Trevor Poyner)
Phone: (07) 5595 1045