About the Elite Athlete Fund
Bond’s Elite Athlete Fund assists Bond University students to participate in events ranging from World University Games and Championships through to World Championships and Olympic Games. The fund is designed to support student-athletes in their academic and sporting endeavours. The fund aims to enhance Bond’s reputation as a leader in both academic and sporting excellence.
> Up to $2000
There are a limited number of grants available each year.
Due to the nature of team selection, applications should be submitted as soon as possible. Applications must be submitted 2 months prior to the event/competition. Late applications will not be accepted and no retrospective funding for past events will be granted.
The following persons are eligible to apply for funding through the Elite Athlete Fund:
- Bond University students that are currently enrolled in a Bond University undergraduate or postgraduate degree for events to be undertaken while they still attend the University
- Applicants must be registered with Bond’s Elite Sports Program (BESP). Click here for details on registration process.
The fund provides support for Bond’s Elite Athletes to participate in national and international sport events. The following should be considered:
- Students must be competing regularly in their chosen sport, at the highest level in their state or above.
- Preference for those students representing Bond in their Sport (e.g. Club level, Australian University Games).
- Preference for students competing at a World Championship / international level in particular World University Sport events competing for the Uniroos.
- Applications must be approved by the relevant Sports body, preferably the National Sport’s Organisation (NSO).
- Funds may be used to contribute to the following expenses related to attendance at the event/competition:
a.Flights to and from the event/competition
b.Travel insurance costs
c.Accommodation for the duration of the event/competition
d.Event/competition Registration costs
- All funding will be paid on a reimbursement basis following the completion of the event / competition and receipt of the Completion Report.
NB: It is the student’s responsibility to arrange insurance for activity and travel. In the event that the student is unable to attend the event/competition, the grant will be forfeited and the student will need to recoup their outlays by claiming against their insurance policy.
If you incur an injury once at the event, in order to receive funding you must;
- Remain with the team
- Follow all directives from team officials.
- Submit report as per funding requirements
Your Completion Report is due to the Office of Student Experience within 4 weeks of completing your event/competition. The report must include:
- Summary of results achieved
- Summary report of the event / competition and how your sporting aspirations were enhanced through the fund (approx. 400 words)
- Photos of the event / competition (NB: photos may be used on Bond’s website and/or for publication)
- Receipts for expense
Application forms can be found here.
For further information, please contact:
Campus Life Coordinator
Ph.: 61 7 5595 4001