Health Sciences & Medicine Postgraduate Research Scholarships
About the Scholarship
The Health Sciences & Medicine Postgraduate Research Scholarships provide financial support for postgraduate students with exceptional research potential who wish to study for a PhD or Masters by Research in the Faculty of Health Sciences & Medicine.
The Faculty Postgraduate Scholarships will include:
- A stipend of $30,000 in the first year to cover general living costs*
- A 100% tuition fee waiver for 3 years for a PhD or up to 2 years for a Masters by Research.
- Funding towards project costs/consumables.
- Financial support of up to $4,000 for conference attendance.
*A stipend of $30,000 to cover general living costs in the first year. During their first year students will be encouraged to apply for external scholarships. If successful students will receive a Faculty top-up stipend to supplement their external grant (ie. you will receive >$30,000 p.a.). If unsuccessful in their application for an external grant, students will continue to receive the Faculty stipend of $30,000 p.a. for the remaining two years. Students who do not apply for external funding will receive a stipend in line with the Government Australian Postgraduate Awards (APA, currently $23,728 p.a.) for their second and third year.
The Faculty of Health Sciences and Medicine has funds available to provide a number of Postgraduate Research Scholarships in 2013.
Scholarships are awarded on the basis of outstanding academic and other achievements.
Applications must include:
- Covering letter indicating whether you are applying for a PhD or Masters enrolment.
- Copies of University academic transcripts from all previous studies to date, including University grading scale.
- A research project proposal which includes the title of the research project and a minimum 2-3 pages on the background literature, the proposed research methodology and a proposed timeline with progress milestones. The supervisor may provide the proposal or it may be written by the candidate following discussions with the supervisor.
- A curriculum vitae or resume including personal contact details, education, background, training and work experience, research/technical expertise and any publications/examples of previous work
- Two written references. The references should cover the candidate’s abilities, key personal attributes and capabilities.
- International students previouslyinstructed in a language other than English are required to provide certified translated and untranslated copies of transcripts and Certificate of Completion. Please note that an IELTS total 7.0 is required for entry to postgraduate studies in the Faculty of Health Sciences and Medicine.
Students wishing to apply for a Scholarship and PhD/Masters enrolment should provide the necessary documents as indicated above. Applications should be submitted directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 30, 2012.
Before submitting an application for a Scholarship and enrolment for a PhD/Masters, candidates must seek contact with a potential supervisor. Examples of typical research projects reflecting interests of Faculty staff can be found at PROJECTS or new projects can be developed with the relevant member of STAFF.
General enquiries should be directed to email@example.com. Questions about specific research projects should be directed to the relevant supervisor.