Principles for Responsible Management Education
The Faculty of Business is a member of the UN-based initiative Principles for Responsible Management Education (PRME). This initiative aims to enhance the integration of business ethics, corporate social responsibility and sustainability into our activities and teaching programs.
The Faculty of Business has joined over 400 leading business schools and management education-related institutions internationally, who are also members of PRME.
As part of PRME, the Faculty of Business has committed to the following principles:
- Principle 1 – Purpose: We will develop the capabilities of students to be future generators of sustainable value for business and society at large and to work for an inclusive and sustainable global economy.
- Principle 2 – Values: We will incorporate into your academic activities and curricula the values of global social responsibility as portrayed in international initiatives such as the UN Global Compact.
- Principle 3 – Method: We will create educational frameworks, materials, processes and environments that enable effective learning experiences for responsible leadership.
- Principle 4 - Research: We will engage in conceptual and empirical research that advances the understanding about the role, dynamics, and impact of corporations in the creation of sustainable social, environmental and economical value.
- Principle 5 – Partnership: We will interact with managers of business corporations to extend the knowledge of their challenges in meeting social and environmental responsibilities and to explore jointly effective approaches to meeting these challenges.
- Principle 6 – Dialogue: We will facilitate and support dialogue and debate among educators, business, government, consumers, media, civil society organisations and other interested groups and stakeholders on critical issues related to global social responsibility and sustainability.
By adopting these principles, the Faculty of Business has pledged to engage in a continuous process of improvement with regards to the application of the Principles, to share information on progress regularly and to contribute to the learning experience of the academic institutions participating in the PRME worldwide.