To celebrate Bond's inaugural Research Week, which runs from 4-7 September, the Faculty of Health Sciences and Medicine is holding a research morning to highlight the research currently underway in the faculty.
Our HSM event will be held on the morning of the 4th September and will include keynote speakers from the Faculty, a tour of the research facilities and a poster session presented by Higher Degree Research (HDR) students, followed by refreshments and poster prize presentation.
HDR Poster Presentation Session
Open to all Faculty of Health Sciences and Medicine HDR students. A prize will be awarded for the best poster.
Confirmation of participation and poster title should be submitted to Assoc. Prof. Donna Sellers (Deputy ADR, HDR Students). Final submissions of poster PPT files for printing close 21st August with judging to take place on 4th September.
Objectives of research week
- To support and promote research at Bond University
- To recognise and celebrate research and the researchers at Bond
- To attract future HDR candidates, academics and researchers, and industry partners
- To create awareness of research at Bond by informing the community about significant research projects being conducted at Bond
- To focus on the University research centres
- To highlight the research interest and accomplishments of HDR students
Schedule of events for HSM Research Morning
|9.00 – 9.30am ||Poster Viewing (Gregor Heiner Foyer) |
|9.45 – 11.00am ||Faculty of Health Sciences and Medicine Research Highlights (Gregor Heiner Lecture Theatre) |
- Welcome by Prof. Russ Chess-Williams (Associate Dean, Research)
- Presentations from HSM research groups
|11am – 12 pm ||HDR Poster Presentation Session (Gregor Heiner Foyer) |
- Announcement of poster prize
04 September 2012
Gold Coast, QLD, Australia
Gregor Heiner Foyer and Gregor Heiner Lecture Theatre
HSM Building, Building 5, Level 3
Professor Russ Chess-Williams