Students enrolled in the Bachelor of Sports Management may be eligible to undertake the elective subject:
Professional Experience Sport Management (SPMT13-700).
Duration: 100 hours (minimum)
Semesters Offered*: January, May, September
Application Deadline: Week 6 semester prior to placement
Pre-requisites: Minimum GPA of 2.5
Academic Supervisor: Glen Tunks
Organisations students have undertaken their industry experience with include:
- AFL Queensland
- Association of Surfing Professionals (ASP) International
- Australian Sports Commission
- Australian University Games
- Yachting Queensland
Application Form - Professional Experience in Sport Management
For further information or to discuss industry experience opportunities available, please contact:
Glen Tunks - Alumni and Industry Development Officer
Faculty of Health Sciences and Medicine
- Due to the limited availability of industry positions, it is not possible for all students to be placed in industry experience.
- Medicine and Physiotherapy students spend a significant component of their degrees in supervised clinical environments.
- The above information is indicative only and may be subject to change without notice.
*Opportunities also exist for industry experience to be completed in an intensive mode over the semester breaks (approximately three weeks).