Where are the books?
Books are shelved according to the Library of Congress classification system, A-PL on the Level 3 of the Main library and PM-Z on Level 4. If you wish to browse the shelves, view the list of subject areas to the right.
The following video will show you how to locate a book on the shelf:
Copies of prescribed and recommended texts can also be found in the Reserve Collection, which is behind the Library & Computing Service Desk on level 2 of the Main Library.
If you would like any help finding the books you need, please ask at the Library and Computing Service Desk.
Borrowing from the Library
Your student ID card doubles as your Library card, and you will need it to borrow from the Library.
To find out what you can borrow and for how long view the Borrowing information page.
Demerit points for late returns
At Bond, if you fail to return items on the due date, you will accumulate demerit points:
- Books and multimedia items accrue 10 points per day per item
- Film and Television items (DVDs) accrue 50 points per day per item
- Course Reserve items accrue 100 points per hour per item
You should also be aware that:
- exam results are witheld from students with overdue loans;
- you are unable to borrow or renew books if you have items overdue;
- if you accrue 1000 demerit points, your Library borrowing privileges will be suspended
How to log into your Library account
Check out our short video about accessing your library account below. The video will show you how to do some useful tasks, such as:
- Renewing your loans online
- Viewing your current loans and loans history
- Placing a hold request on an item
Please avoid accumulating demerit points by returning library items on time, or renewing them before they become overdue, as shown in the video above.
How to search for a book
Finding out whether the library has a book is quick and easy using Summon. Watch the video below to find out how: