Macquarie Trading Room (About)
Officially opened by The Hon Anna Bligh MP in May 2007, the Macquarie Trading Room is a state-of-the-art educational facility that provides selected finance classes with the opportunity to illustrate and reinforce key financial concepts and theories through real-world applications.
With data subscriptions to Bloomberg and Reuters, as well as software from Financial Trading Systems, the Macquarie Trading Room gives finance lecturers the ability to demonstrate trading in financial securities such as common stock, bonds, and derivatives. Advanced finance classes set up simulated trading environments for students and adjust the market conditions to show the impact of changing markets on trading, as a direct application of finance theories. Bond University has worked closely with Macquarie Group to ensure the trading room is the leading facility of its type in Australia.
- Seats 24 students at dual screens – allows students to review current information at hand, and also background information simultaneously.
- Pod seating structure encourages group work and student-teacher interaction.
- Widescreen monitors display financial and economic data from Reuters 3000 Xtra and Bloomberg Professional that can be seen from every seat.
- Selected students that study in the trading room receive industry acknowledged recognition that they have been trained in the Bloomberg software.
- Internal and external tickers display stock price quotations and other financial data throughout the day.